Below are the available Jewish opportunities in Paris. Please click on the button below and let us know what you’re interested in this semester.
- Host Families: Click here to be directed to our partner Shabbat With Us, where you can sign up to be matched to a host family! Make sure to put “KAHAL” in the “how did you find out about Shabbat With Us” question so that you are accepted into the system.
- Kehilat Gesher: A Progressive (Reform) bi-lingual (French and English) synagogue in Paris that holds weekly Shabbat services and tends to have a lot going on for the Holidays. There are many expat members, and the community is very welcoming and hospitable towards study abroad students.
- Marom Paris: A group of students and young professionals that organize Shabbat and Holiday dinners and services, as well as social and cultural events. They are affiliated with the Masorti (Conservative) movement, but are open and welcoming to Jews of all background. Their events are publicized in a private, secret Facebook group. Ask KAHAL for access!
- JewSalsa: A group of students and young professionals that organize occasional Shabbat and Holiday dinners and services, as well as big social and cultural events and parties. They often draw in musical inspiration and have a fun and lively atmosphere. Their events are publicized in a private, secret Facebook group. Ask KAHAL staff for access!
- Chabad on Campus: An Orthodox Lubavitch organization that welcomes Jews of all backgrounds and caters specifically to students. They have a student study building near to the Sorbonne with social space and study areas. They hold Friday night, Saturday morning, and Holiday services, and have meals for students. It’s an open and welcoming environment, and they organize Jewish learning opportunities as well.
”Celebrating the High Holidays abroad helped me learn I can be a Jew and identify with other Jews in multiple situations, environments, and places. I felt able to connect with Judaism in this environment and it was empowering to do so on my own in a foreign country.Rachel G.High Holiday Location: Paris, France