Below are the available Jewish opportunities in Madrid. Please click on the button below and let us know what you’re interested in this semester.
- Comunidad Judia Reformista de Madrid: The progressive (reform) Jewish community of Madrid, that hosts Shabbat and Jewish festival prayer services and potluck community dinners twice a month and on Jewish holidays.
- Bet El: Masorti/conservative and egalitarian congregation who host regular prayer services.
- Comunidad Judia de Madrid (CJM): The Jewish community of Madrid, that holds traditional prayer services in Hebrew and Spanish, as well as weekly Friday night meals for students and young professionals.
- Chabad: lovely Chabad couple who host weekly Shabbat meals, festival engagement, and student events throughout the year.
- Madrid Jewish Student Center: the main student organization in Madrid. They host a variety of events ranging from shabbat meals to BBQ socials to professional networking events. It’s a great place to meet local and other international students.
- Moishe Pod: opened this year, Moishe Pod hosts events for students and young professionals, such as Shabbat meals, events around the festivals, and other social events where you can meet locals and other internationals.
- Host Families
”Celebrating the High Holidays abroad made me realize that the larger Jewish community is actually a bigger family. Total strangers opening up their homes to students is very meaningful and I am sure I will do the same in the future.Rachel S.