Below is the available Jewish opportunities in London. Please click on the button below and let us know what your interested in this semester.
- Progressive Jewish Students: A Liberal-Reform student organization that has a presence on university campuses across London. They can help organize places for students to go to services at local Reform synagogues for Shabbat and Holiday services, and run yearly trips to cool European destinations.
- Chabad of Bloomsbury: An Orthodox organization that welcomes Jews of all backgrounds and caters specifically to students. They hold Friday night, Saturday morning, and Holiday services, and have free meals for students. It’s an open and welcoming environment, and they organize Jewish learning opportunities as well.
- Marom: A Masorti (Conservative) organization that has a presence on university campuses across London. They can help organize places for students to go to services at local Masorti synagogues for Shabbat and Holiday services.
- Bevis Marks Synagogue: A traditional Sefardi synagogue in the City of London that is the oldest synagogue in London. The American Rabbi hosts students and other visitors in his home for Friday night dinner and Saturday lunch, and the community draws lots of young expats.
- JLE/AISH: An Orthodox organization that welcomes Jews of all backgrounds. They have Jewish learning programs, career-oriented lectures and social events for students and young professionals across London. They host weekly Friday night dinners in the predominantly Jewish neighborhood of Golders Green.
- Host families
”Celebrating the High Holidays abroad made me realize that the larger Jewish community is actually a bigger family. Total strangers opening up their homes to students is very meaningful and I am sure I will do the same in the future.Rachel S.